Sunday, June 24, 2007

Take flight



On my first flight takeoff in 2000, I was screaming--usual for a four-year old at that time. It happened too while on my first flight landing. But 5 years later, as I was waiting to board flight MH2508 to Johor Bahru from Kuala Lumpur [we were going to Singapore for holiday that time], a feeling came. An euphoric feeling came into my heart, which made my adrenalin surge even more while we were allowed to board. After taxiing, before takeoff, just when you were about to think, 'Hmmm...maybe there's something wrong with the plane...', the plane sped up and suddenly, there's the graceful feeling of takeoff, like being on a ferris wheel. We saw the pink insides of the clouds when we went through the clouds. When the plane reached cruising altitude, we were served orange juice, which we can drink to our heart's content, which also needed frequent trips to the toilet. Forty-five minutes later, the plane landed. I felt glad and sad. The reason I felt glad was because we were back on hard ground but I felt sad because I had to leave the clouds. While we were landing, I thought, 'Cool! Just like takeoff but in reverse,'. In the terminal building, it was bustling with people, which is really different from the quiet ambience in the flight. A few days later, we took off again, after a great holiday in Singapore. When the plane took off, I looked down to the airport, which seemed really sad rather than few days ago. It was cloudy when we touched down in Kuala Lumpur. We took the expensive KLIA Ekspres and arrived at KL CAT about 4:28 pm. We then went home. That night, I stared out of my bedroom window, wondering when will be the next time I will board a flight.

No comments: